17 Feb Red Boone Mountain Bike Race
998 Levi Jackson Rd
The race is 5 laps of the Broken Spoke trail/RaceCourse: After 3 very short punchy rollers the trail is a slight downhill is fast with flowing turns. Up next is “Newt’s Loop” which is mostly flat with plenty of turns and root galore! up next is a 200 yard section of a Powerline cut. Next is the back section It starts with a fast “speed climb” from there the course is FAST with 4 short power climbs back to the start. Trail is 5.5 miles in length. The locals refer to the course as BroSpo
Categories (open men, open women, 60+, Single Speed, 48+, youth and first timers)
* Racers and volunteers that has tested positive 14 days before an event or has symptoms of being sick or a fever will not be allowed to participate.
* All volunteers will wear a face covering while in the start line/finish line, sign up, aid stations or maintain 6’ from others.
* Registration will be spaced 6’ apart and only one person may approach the check-in station at a time. Racers will have the option of picking up race packet on Friday night (encouraged) to avoid Saturday morning check-in.
* Racers and spectators will be encouraged to wear a face covering while at the event (racer not while racing). Disposable masks will be available to those who do not have one. Those who are not wearing a mask outdoors should stay 6’ away from one another
* Riders will be In groups of 20-25.
* Podium will be social distance spaced
* Maintain social distancing and/or face covering usage while at Boondoggle Events.